Surveying this year ensures you have the data you need
While surveying may seem challenging under current circumstances, there are many ways schools can continue collecting and tracking their student perception data to help guide students during this time. Decisive actions to facilitate surveying will help support your students not only through the pandemic, but for the long term.
Why should I survey this year?
There are several reasons why collecting student voice is especially important right now. Surveying this year will allow you to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to voice their thoughts, feelings, and concerns during a period of uncertainty.
- Engage your school community and increase engagement and perceptions of feeling valued at a time when face-to-face interactions are less commonplace.
- Keep momentum towards your goals and, if necessary, set revised targets and track progress against those new benchmarks.
- Assess the impact of COVID-19 in a timely manner, as any gaps in surveying will delay or limit your ability to address these impacts.
How has COVID-19 impacted my school community?
Your survey results allow you to monitor the impacts of COVID-19 on your school community. There are two main elements that the OurSCHOOL survey allows you to collect data on in relation to COVID.
- The Transition Back to School survey module includes questions covering student experiences while learning amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Instructional Environment demographic option enables you to drill-down your survey data to determine if students are reporting different experiences based on their learning environment.
How should I go about surveying this school year?
The Knowledge Base includes considerations and supports for surveying during the pandemic, including:
- Strategies for survey planning and logistics
- Best practices for surveying from home
- Advice on post COVID-19 data interpretation
Click here to get started or ask your OurSCHOOL Account Success Manager for support.
Share your News, Stories and Strategies
Check out past editions of the OurSCHOOL newsletter on the Knowledge Base!