For many educators, summer break is almost here! In the meantime, we suggest you reflect on the progress you’ve made this year, take time to look carefully at the data you have received, and consider ways to build on your successes for next year. Let us know if we can help!
What are we reading?
Would you like to learn how to accomplish more with limited staff and resources in your school? Take some time this summer to dive into “The Multiplier Effect: Tapping the Genius Inside Our Schools”! This is a great read for educational leaders interested in developing and expanding the talent within their schools. It provides practical advice that schools can use to achieve growth.
Behind the scenes
Our Research and Development teams are always working to create new and useful ways of presenting your data. We’re hard at work on a new school-level feature called the ‘Trend Reports’ to simplify the analysis of your results over time. Here is a ‘sneak peek’:
We know that sometimes the length of the survey can be tricky to manage. Here are some things to keep in mind when you plan for your survey this fall.
- Ensure students know the purpose of the survey and are prepared before they complete it.
- Share survey results with students to engage them in the survey implementation process. See some examples here.
- Involve students in the planning or administration of the survey.
- Use your survey data in the classroom. Math or Health classes can be a great opportunity to use survey results to engage students!
What educators are saying about OurSCHOOL
“I believe in a student driven approach to learning, where students are encouraged to have a choice and a voice in their learning. The OurSCHOOL Student Survey has helped us achieve this.”
- Kevin DeForge - Supervisor of Ed Tech, Calgary Catholic School Division
Share your stories, comments and feedback with us anytime. We love hearing from you!