Survey Setup is the process by which School Coordinators complete configuration of a survey and tailor it to their local needs.
Click here to view a video version of this resource!
Setting up your survey is completed in six easy steps. To begin, click on the Survey Setup link, located under the yellow My Surveys menu. Note: If the Survey Setup option is greyed out, refer to this Knowledge Base article.
This guide covers the following steps:
Before moving on to the following steps, which involve adding your own questions, take a moment to view our Creating Custom Questions: Strategies for Success and Sample Custom Questions articles for Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer and Open-Ended Questions.
3. Open-Ended Questions
You have the option to add one or two Open-Ended Questions (OEQs), in addition to a standard OurSCHOOL survey question. If you added OEQs in a previous survey, you can view them by clicking on previous OEQs.
If adding an OEQ, simply type each question in the space provided.
Did you know? Your District Coordinator has the ability to disable OEQs. As such, you may only be able to add one question, and the standard OurSCHOOL question may not be included. The OEQ tab itself will be unavailable if OEQs have been disabled entirely.
4. Multiple-Choice Questions
You have the option to add one or two Multiple Choice or Multiple Answer Questions (MCQ/MAQs) to your student survey. If you added MCQs in a previous survey, you can view them by clicking on previous Multiple-Choice Questions.
Did you know? Custom MCQs have a dual function. They give you the option to formulate questions to address local needs and act as powerful drill-downs in the Interactive Charts. For more information on drill-downs, click here.
If adding MCQs or MAQs, complete each of the following sections:
1. Question title for reports - this title will appear at the top of the chart when results are reported
2. Multiple-Choice vs Multiple-Answers - select whether the question will be Multiple-Choice or Multiple Answer. Refer to Creating Custom Questions: Strategies for Success for more information.
3. Question the survey participant sees - enter the question here, exactly as you want the survey participant to see it.
4. Response options - enter the options the survey participant will pick from on their survey
5. Label for Reports - when the results are reported, these labels will appear on the chart’s x-axis.
Did you know? Your District Coordinator has the ability to disable MCQ/MAQs. As such, you may only be able to add one question, or the tab itself will be unavailable if both MCQ/MAQs have been disabled.
Did you know? The number of students determines the number of login credentials that are generated. Rounding up means you will have extra logins in the event that some are misplaced or lost.
Next steps: After activating your survey, you will be shown a screen that lists all active surveys for your school. Click on View Survey Participant List next to a survey to display and print its usernames and passwords. For assistance with this please review our Knowledge Base article Distributing Survey Accounts to Participants.